GET TO KNOW your therapist
Suzanne Mascorro, LCSW
“It’s ok to feel all the stuff you’re feeling. You’re not doing life wrong; you’re doing it right. If there’s any secret you’re missing, it’s that doing it right is really hard. Feeling all your feelings is hard, but that’s what they’re there for. Feelings are for feeling. All of them.” -Glennon Doyle
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- BCBS HMO Northshore
Ages I work with:
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hello! I am Suzanne or Suzie (she, her, hers). I became a therapist because I believe in
everyone’s capacity to heal and overcome challenges. I get it, no one WANTS to go to therapy.
Believe me, I’ve been there. However sometimes those inherent strengths that have gotten us this
far are not enough! Enter THERAPY. I believe that therapy can be a part of creating our best
selves and engaging in life with more ease. I also believe that therapy does not have to feel stuffy
or clinical to work. You will probably get that impression from the first moment you meet me. I
feel most at home when I am being authentic, and I want you to feel like you can be yourself as
well. I am here for your stories, your ups, your downs, and your unique experiences. I am a cis-
gender mixed race (Caucasian and Mexican) woman.
I love working with:
- Young adults in life’s transitions
- Adults experiencing life’s difficulties
- Youth needing some support and guidance
- People who have a sense of humor
- Anyone going through transitions, trauma, depression, anxiety, self-esteem issues, identity,
- and/or relationship issues
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
I believe in...
- I believe that therapy is a collaboration between client and therapist.
- I believe that you have the capacity to heal and the strength to do so.
- I believe therapy works best when we don’t feel judged.
- I believe change is possible even when it’s uncomfortable.
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.