GET TO KNOW your therapist
Jen Flaxman LCSW
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO (United, Cigna, North Shore HMO and Humana on the way!)
Ages I work with:
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hi! My name is Jen Flaxman and I am a cisgendered woman who uses she/hers pronouns. As a therapist, my goal is to support you on your therapeutic journey and that is an honor I take seriously. I enjoy working with teens, young adults, adults, couples and families. I am big on supporting people in creating meaningful change and learning coping skills that can make life better. I believe in client self-determination, and collaboration to support people in creating a life worth living. I bring my adaptability and diverse work experience to help clients grow.
I love working with:
- Teens, young adults, and adults
- Couples looking to improve their relationships/communication
- Families looking to improve communication
- People struggling with anxiety, depression, mood disorders,trauma symptoms, having co-occurring symptoms and/or difficulties with regulating emotions
- People in recovery from eating disorders
- People looking to learn and use coping skills
- People navigating career difficulties or in job transitions
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
Humaning is hard and I am here to support and be alongside you through your strengths and struggles. I use warmth, humor, creativity, and my dedication to social justice to empower clients. My hope is that we can create a trusting therapeutic relationship where you are able to show up with willingness and honesty. I never want anyone to feel judged or unsafe in my presence. I will guide you through learning new coping skills and increasing insight into whatever you may be struggling with. I will get curious and may ask challenging questions or encourage you to complete homework assignments. At the end of the day, the most important thing to me is building rapport so you feel comfortable to open up, challenge yourself and be vulnerable.
- I believe therapy works best when there is willingness to create change and challenge yourself
- I believe everyone is unconditionally worthy, capable, and deserving of creating change.
- I believe in building a strong therapeutic relationship that supports making therapy a brave space to do challenging work
- I believe that humaning is hard and that everyone deserves to learn coping skills that can make life a little easier
- I believe that people are not their diagnoses, struggles or mistakes
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.