GET TO KNOW your therapist
Grace Lindahl LPC
“Surround yourself with voices that roar with yours, without drowning out the sound of your cries. We roar together. We heal together.” – Liz Newman
- BCBS PPO
Ages I work with:
Languages I speak:
Coming soon! Join the waitlist!
Who Am I?
Hello! My name is Grace Lindahl. I’m a White, cisgender woman and I use she/her pronouns. My Myers-Briggs personality type is the Advocate (INFJ), which helps me approach life and therapy with imagination and thoughtfulness. I work with children, teens, and adults.
I love working with:
- People wanting to connect on a deeper level with themselves, get in touch with their inner child, and explore their emotions
- Children struggling with anxiety, perfectionism, trauma, or self esteem concerns
- Teens who need a place to explore their identity, build coping skills, increase their self esteem, and feel their feelings
- LGBTQIA+ individuals, on any part of their journey of identity exploration
- People finding themselves stuck in a pattern who are seeking a new path
- People-pleasers and people looking for help setting and maintaining boundaries
Some of my favorite approaches include:
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Inner Child Work
- Attachment-based therapy
- Person-centered therapy
- Play therapy and art therapy techniques
HOW I HELP
Safety first! Therapy can be incredibly vulnerable and my first priority in our work together will be to build a foundation of understanding and safety between us. Because I am a relational therapist, I care deeply about earning your trust over time and will check in every so often on your feelings about our work, the therapeutic relationship, and our progress toward your goals. I am always open to hearing your feedback to make sure our sessions feel meaningful, helpful, and safe. I see therapy as a space for growth and change and will occasionally compassionately and respectfully challenge you if I notice we are straying from your goals or values. With that said, you are the expert on you and I welcome you to let me know when I don’t get something quite right. You set the pace and limits of our journey together.
- I believe that we are all doing the best we can with the tools we have.
- I believe healing and change are achieved within safe and supportive relationships.
- I am committed to queer allyship, anti-racism, and activism in my community. In our time together I will work to understand what your identities mean to you, and the ways that systems of oppression have impacted you.
What it’s like in a session with me
Whether it’s been a restful day or a challenging one, I encourage you to bring your whole self into therapy. I welcome all the parts of you – the ones that laugh, the ones that cry, and the ones that want to do both at the same time. I’ll sit with you as we move through the wave of emotions together. The structure of each session is tailored to your unique needs, but a general outline would begin with us catching up on how you have been since we have seen each other and perhaps grabbing a blanket, coloring sheet, or play doh if you want something to fidget with. The intensity and content of our sessions will likely be different each time, but at the end of our hour together I’ll check in with you to see how you’re feeling, what our session was like for you, and if there’s anything you want me to make a note of to start with next session. We might close by talking about what you’re looking forward to or do a mindfulness activity together to ensure you are feeling ready to take on the rest of your day.
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.