GET TO KNOW your therapist
Amy Johnston, LCSW
“The quality of our lives is not measured by the amount of time we spend in a state of perfection.” ― Emily Nagoski
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
Ages I work with:
- Adolescents (12+)
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
I love working with:
- People dealing with pregnancy, loss or fertility challenges
- New mamas coping with perinatal anxiety and/or depression
- Stressed out parents of all kinds
- People experiencing workplace burnout, compassion fatigue or secondary trauma
- People experiencing grief, loss and medical trauma
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
- I believe in our capacity to grow and change, and in the healing power of human connection.
- I believe therapy works best when therapists create a space where people can feel brave
enough and safe enough to be themselves.
- I believe that the therapeutic relationship is the most important aspect of therapy.
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
I have two kids and they take up A LOT of my out-of-work time. I’m becoming an expert in complicated lego structures and Taylor Swift. I love to buy books (which is not the same hobby as reading books), I love to travel, and I’m hoping to complete a yoga teacher training program this year. It’s going to be really good to work together! See you soon!
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.