Recognizing and Addressing Perinatal Mood Disorders in Therapy
Presented by: Amy Johnston, LCSW, PMH-C (1 hour)
Completion of this course earns 1 CE Hour
Working with clients who have a perinatal mood/anxiety disorder can be incredibly rewarding, but without the right tools, it can also feel overwhelming, or like we’re out of our depth. Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders impact women of all ages, races and ethnicities. In fact, 1:7 women experience PMADs, many of whom do not receive proper care or treatment. Even less well known, PMADs impact 50% of men whose partners are experiencing PMADs. As a clinician, you want to be sure that you can recognize the symptoms of PMADs in woman AND men and have the tools to support or refer your client for the best outcomes. PMADs are temporary and treatable, but they do require specialist care and support. This one-hour webinar will meet the following objectives:
- Recognize symptoms, triggers and risk factors for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs),
- Describe various mood disorders that can occur in pregnancy and post-partum,
- Identify and utilize two screening tools for PMADs,
- Discuss two evidence-based approaches for treatment of PMADs, and
- Refer clients to appropriate resources and supports for PMADs.
Urban Wellness, Ltd. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7025. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Urban Wellness, Ltd. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.