GET TO KNOW your therapist
Shannon Chien, LMFT
“I hid my deepest feelings so well I forgot where I placed them.” Amy Tan (Saving Fish From Drowning)
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- Optum/United Healthcare
Who Am I?
Hi there! My name is Shannon Chien (she/hers).
I am a licensed marriage and family therapist that is invested in relationships. No matter if they are your relationships with others or that crucial relationship with yourself, I hope to be a part of honing in on authenticity as the key to growth. Whether you’re bringing in members of your chosen family, navigating the treacherous waters of love, or just a kid with some big emotions, I can’t wait to develop concrete tools with your expertise to tackle the web of events that brought you in. Just a heads up, I will always be happy to see you :)
I love working with:
- Children and teens that “want to talk to someone”
- Parents at all stages of parenthood
- Families that are reconfiguring what it means to get along
- Couples attempting to secure the elusive “communication”
- Neurodiverse relationship systems
- The spectrum of substance use, sobriety, and sober-curious
- Asian/Asian American folks dissecting immigrant parenting, intergenerational trauma, and the model minority myth
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.