GET TO KNOW your therapist
Nick French, LMFT
“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- BCBS HMO Northshore
- Optum/United Healthcare
Ages I work with:
- 18+ for individual clients
- Family Therapy can include all ages when adult caretakers are present.
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hello! I’m Nick! I’m a licensed family therapist and creative soul.
I love working with:
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
When I work with couples and families I take a pretty structured approach at the beginning. That means establishing clear ground rules of how we act and communicate in the therapy room, building communication skills, and identifying small, obtainable goals to initiate change. As time goes along, I allow us some room to explore the primary issues on a deeper level.
For individual clients, I usually take on a very flexible approach depending on the personality of the client and what they best respond to in therapy. We can keep things open ended and simply explore until we discover something that needs adjusting. We can be structured and focus on development of skills. I can be a kind and firm motivator, an enthusiastic hype man, an affirming ally, and a compassionate observer.
- I believe in the creative arts as a tool for healing and inspiration
- I believe that you can create change in your life no matter what.
- I believe therapy works best when both client and therapist have a positive energy between them.
- I believe change is possible when you believe it to be possible.
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.