GET TO KNOW your therapist
Kenan Pojskic, LMFT
“The Past: Our cradle, not our prison; there is danger as well as appeal in its glamour. The past is for inspiration, not imitation, for continuation, not repetition.” – Israel Zangwill
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- BCBS HMO Northshore
- Optum/United Healthcare
Ages I work with:
- 12+ (but I do work with younger ones as a part of family therapy)
Languages I speak:
- Bosnian (includes Croatian and Serbian)
Who Am I?
I love working with:
- Couples who are facing various challenges in their stage of the relationship (from divorce, to
infidelity, to being unable to communicate in a healthy manner)
- Teens and adults who are suffering from anxiety, depression, and life challenges (transitions, lack of self esteem, not being understood)
- Individuals who are struggling with acculturation/assimilation issues, relationship challenges (both romantic and family of origin), and parenting
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
Every relationship and family is an intricate web of communication patterns that sometimes needs
to be untangled, strengthened, and explored. My goal as a therapist is to have all those present at
the sessions to speak their minds, learn to read each other’s emotions, and go home and tell each
other “we don’t need this guy anymore, we got this!”
I strongly believe that we are never alone, and due to this, all issues that people consider to be
“individual” issues are somehow affected by things arounds you. Be it depression, anxiety, ADHD,
anger issues, all of them can be looked at through a systematic lens. During our sessions, we will
explore how to cope with various symptoms, but we will also explore how to develop necessary
social supports to get us get there. We will also explore how others around us are impacting the
symptoms and how we can approach these individuals so our symptoms aren’t worsened.
Remember, you are never alone!
I strive to build a strong rapport with every client I see and I am open to any suggestions,
complaints, thoughts, and questions one might have during our sessions. I encourage open
communication, so be free to tell me how you would like to be helped.
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.