GET TO KNOW your therapist
Julie Feldman, LCSW
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- BCBS HMO Northshore
Ages I work with:
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
I love working with:
- Adults in their 20s and 30s navigating their career, relationships, families, and life in general
- Young adults on the autism spectrum adjusting to life outside of the K-12 environment
- Teens learning to manage anxiety, depression, or overall coping with stress
- Children needing support with self-regulation, specifically gaining tools to safely and effectively communicate how they feel
- Parents seeking ways to support their child’s emotional and developmental growth while navigating the K-12 environment, including understanding and advocating for 504 plans and IEPs.
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
What it’s like in a session with me
Sessions with me tend to be very different from client to client. We will generally discuss progress made, goals reached, and challenges faced since the last session; as well as identify and tackle new goals for the coming week. I will follow your lead and we will communicate in the way that feels most supportive and genuine for you. This may be through talking, drawing, play, journing, role-play, or some days this may be through silence and self-reflection. I encourage feedback and an open discussion of what feels helpful and what is not working in sessions. I look forward to getting to know the best way to support you!
I believe in
- I believe in therapy as a proactive tool, effective not only when someone is in crisis but more often as a place to build and develop tools for independent problem-solving down the line
- I believe that you are the expert of your experience, and in therapy you will be in the driver’s seat while
- I will help guide and support you as the passenger.
- I believe therapy works best when the space feels safe, honest, and cozy. When you enter the space, make yourself a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and sit ( or stand) wherever is most comfortable for you!
- I believe change is possible for you. I look forward to meeting you soon!
More about me
Outside of the office I can usually be found playing with my dog, training for a triathlon or marathon, cooking, reading, or planning a trip. I am currently adjusting to newlywed life and planning a honeymoon to Argentina and Chile!
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.