GET TO KNOW your therapist
Julie Feldman, LCSW
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- Optum/United Healthcare
Ages I work with:
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hi! I am Julie and I work with children, teens, adults, and parents of young children. I help my clients navigate the ups and downs of new or chronic diagnoses, challenges, or general life stressors. I have a special interest in working with individuals and families impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder, but also specialize in managing anxiety, depression, grief and loss, ADHD, and adjustment to significant life changes or changes in the family system. Prior to joining the Urban Wellness Team in 2020, I worked in educational, recreational, and therapeutic settings including elementary and middle schools, therapeutic camps, and mental health agencies.
I love working with:
- Adults in their 20s and 30s navigating their career, relationships, families, and life in general
- Young adults on the autism spectrum adjusting to life outside of the K-12 environment
- Teens learning to manage anxiety, depression, or overall coping with stress
- Children needing support with self-regulation, specifically gaining tools to safely and effectively communicate how they feel
- Parents seeking ways to support their child’s emotional and developmental growth while navigating the K-12 environment, including understanding and advocating for 504 plans and IEPs.
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
What it’s like in a session with me
Sessions with me tend to be very different from client to client. We will generally discuss progress made, goals reached, and challenges faced since the last session; as well as identify and tackle new goals for the coming week. I will follow your lead and we will communicate in the way that feels most supportive and genuine for you. This may be through talking, drawing, play, journing, role-play, or some days this may be through silence and self-reflection. I encourage feedback and an open discussion of what feels helpful and what is not working in sessions. I look forward to getting to know the best way to support you!
I believe in
- I believe in therapy as a proactive tool, effective not only when someone is in crisis but more often as a place to build and develop tools for independent problem-solving down the line
- I believe that you are the expert of your experience, and in therapy you will be in the driver’s seat while
- I will help guide and support you as the passenger.
- I believe therapy works best when the space feels safe, honest, and cozy. When you enter the space, make yourself a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and sit ( or stand) wherever is most comfortable for you!
- I believe change is possible for you. I look forward to meeting you soon!
More about me
Outside of the office I can usually be found playing with my dog, training for a triathlon or marathon, cooking, reading, or planning a trip. I am currently adjusting to newlywed life and planning a honeymoon to Argentina and Chile!
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.