GET TO KNOW your therapist
Julia Jordan-Lake, LCPC
“Toys are children’s words and play is their language” -Garry Landreth
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- Optum/United Healthcare
Ages I work with:
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hi I am Julia Jordan-Lake (she/hers).
I am a therapist who is passionate about partnering with caregivers in working with unlocking the
strengths of their holistic child. There’s nothing I love more than working on problem solving over a game of Candyland or assigning “homework” to make dessert (while practicing executive functioning skills!) Nothing is more fulfilling as a therapist than seeing you connect with your child for the first time in a long time in the playroom (adult translation: therapy office!).
I am a cisgendered, LGBTQIA+ identified woman.
I love working with:
- children who have been described as “difficult” by teachers
- caregivers who feel like they have tried everything for their child
- children and teens who think therapy is boring
- neurodiverse children and teens who want to feel respected and celebrated rather than shamed and judged
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
- …in the power of connection from the relationship between the parent and the child, as well as the child and the therapist.
- …you are doing the best you can as a caregiver.
- …therapy works best when we understand that your child/teen is not a problem to be
fixed, but a human being attempting to get their needs met with current limitations in the
expression of their thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
- …change is possible when we can become detectives about your child’s behavior, which
offers us clues towards uncovering and discovering better tools to co-regulate (connect with
caregiver), as well as self-regulate (independently self-soothe).
What it’s like in a session with me
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.