GET TO KNOW your therapist
Jenna Bumber, LCPC
“Art is not always about pretty things. It’s about who we are, what happened to us, and how our lives are affected.” – Elizabeth Broun
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
Ages I work with:
- 12+ and older
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hi, my name is Jenna Bumber (she/her/hers). I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and trained art therapist. I will view your story through a non-judgemental lens; I appreciate each person’s unique qualities, background, and experiences that have ultimately made you, you! I will provide a safe space for you to talk through your struggles, provide empathy, and help you build skills to better navigate life’s challenges. I am a white, CIS gendered, female.
I love working with:
- Teens, young adults, and older adults struggling with anxiety, depression, grief, loss, and trauma.
- Individuals who want to learn how to better manage family or relationship dynamics.
- Persons navigating life transitions and looking to learn more about themselves in the process.
- Those with a desire to learn skills to cope with challenging thoughts or behaviors and make a lasting change.
Some of my favorite approaches include:
person-centered, CBT, DBT, ACT, motivational interviewing, psychodynamic, and art therapy. It is important for me to use the approach that best serves you based on your goals and what would be most helpful.
HOW I HELP
While growth can be uncomfortable, your experience with me should not be. We will spend time getting to know each other; it’s very important to me that you trust me and our relationship. We can process through traditional talk therapy or art therapy. I am a clinician who is always open to feedback so that I can best meet your needs. I will be there to lift you up, celebrate successes, respectfully challenge what no longer serves you, ask questions that are cause for self-reflection, provide you with helpful skills, and work through obstacles together as a team. My approach to therapy will depend on who you are as a unique individual and what your overall goals are for seeing me.
- I believe you have the capacity to learn, grow, and develop as a person with therapy as your aid.
- I believe that growth occurs in the uncomfortable.
- I believe therapy works best when a strong therapeutic relationship is formed between therapist and client.
- I believe change is possible when you are internally motivated to improve your quality of life. External motivators can be a great place to begin until internal motivation develops and change is sustained.
What it’s like in a session with me
This is your time and your priorities are my priorities. Therapy with me is conversational. I to hear about you! I care about what you have to say, your thoughts, feelings, interests, and what you have been through. We will work at a pace that you are comfortable with, and I will respect your boundaries. My goal is to empower you and help you build the skills that will allow you to solve your own problems. My hope is that your appointment will be something you look forward to each week. A session may consist entirely of talk therapy, but if it is an area of interest and would be therapeutically beneficial to you, we can work together using art therapy as a means of processing thoughts, feelings, or experiences.
More about me
Outside of work, I enjoy getting creative. I like to paint, draw, sculpt, and make a mess! Art for me is about what I gain from the process, not necessarily the product. You may run into me at a museum or art fair on the weekends. As a proud cat mom, I want to hear all about your furry friends! I am an animal person through and through (…except for your pet tarantula). I like cooking new recipes to test out on my loved ones, they seem to like this hobby, too. Life can get busy, but I find it important to make time for what I value and the people I care about.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.