GET TO KNOW your therapist
Hannah Auger, LCSW
“If you’d like to do something bold with your life, you will have to choose to do something bold on a specific day. There is no perfect day. There is no right time. For the trajectory to change, there has to be one day when you simply make the choice.” – James Clear
Insurances I Accept:
- BCBS PPO
- BCBS HMO Northshore
- Humana (pending)
Who Am I?
I love working with:
- Kids, teens, and young-ish adults dealing with anxiety
- Immigrant or refugee populations
- Caregivers of children with medical diagnoses
Some of my favorite approaches include:
HOW I HELP
- I believe in… the immense power of a safe space to share in both the joys and sorrows of life.
- I believe that you … are worthy of support, care, and compassion. You have within you the strength, capacities, and experiences to bring about healing and growth in your life.
- I believe therapy works best when … you bring your whole self and make space for vulnerability.
- I believe change is possible … when you begin to embrace compassion toward yourself and give yourself permission to break out of patterns that are no longer serving you.
What it’s like in a session with me
Getting out of your comfort zone and talking to a stranger about yourself and your innermost thoughts, feelings, and experiences might feel like a big leap, and it’s normal to feel nervous. Bring those feelings and let’s talk about them! I aim to nurture a safe, comfortable, nonjudgmental place to be yourself, explore your experiences, strengths and challenges, practice skills, and work toward your goals.
As most of us do at some point in our lives, you may be experiencing patterns of thoughts and behaviors that no longer work for you. These experiences don’t signal something inherently wrong with you, but rather show how you have learned to adapt and cope with your environment and life experiences. Together we will uncover the strengths, capacities, and coping strategies you already possess and discover new ways of coping when the things that have helped you to get to this point are no longer benefiting you.
More about me
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.