GET TO KNOW your therapist

Gail Gogliotti, LCPC

Hi! I am Gail Gogliotti.

A clinical counselor and dance/movement therapist at Urban Wellness, and that means I use both talking and movement (and, yes, sometimes even dancing it out!) to help my clients explore ways to find balance and achieve positive change. I frequently work with adults and couples to help improve communication patternsprocess grief and lossintegrate traumaand find stability during all of life’s ups and downs. I like to think of myself as a navigating co-pilot—the therapy journey is yours, I am just here to help you discover the path.  My goal is to help you find balance and live a life that you create, want and deserve.

I consider myself part communication guide, part balance expert, and part trauma & grief healer. I use verbal and non-verbal cues from my clients to help them understand how they process their experiences and interact with the world.

The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination.​

Carl Rogers​


I believe in exploring personal strengths to create shifts for overall wellness. I utilize creativity as a means and outlet for self-expression. I like to harness intuition as a guide for growth and positive change, and believe in the power of the present-moment experience. I promote a safe, trusting, non-judgmental environment to help my clients discover the potential to reach their goals. My person-centered approach to therapy helps my clients develop healthy coping skills and to make the changes they are seeking.


Did you know that only 7% of communication is verbal? The other 93% is a combination of body language and tone of voice. So much of what we say isn’t actually WHAT we say, but how it is said. That leaves plenty of room for misinterpretation. By using my movement & non-verbal expression expertise, I help clients and couples examine communication patterns and pay attention to their intentions, by exploring new ways to say what they mean, and mean what they say.


How to create time and space for the should-dos, must-dos, to-dos, and most importantly, the want-to-dos. Everyday stressors and anxiety can take us away from the parts of life that bring us life, so together we can work on how to make shifts that promote stability, foster fulfillment and joy, strengthen the sense of self, and encourage meaningful relationships.


Our pasts are with us, but they don’t have to define us. I work with those who have experienced various types of trauma, including childhood trauma, relational trauma, and military trauma. I have a special interest in working with Veterans, military personnel and their families. Additionally, I work with individuals who are dealing with loss and grief, whether through death, relationships, or other life situations. Through the use the body-mind connection and emotional integration, we can process and incorporate past experiences into our personal stories to heal from within. By using coping skills and techniques to manage symptoms and through processing our experiences, we can learn to move forward.


I love dancing (surprise!) and co-founded and currently direct a non-profit dance company in Chicago. In my spare time, I love taking yoga, exploring different neighborhoods and restaurants, and spending time with my family, friends, and lovable mastiff mutt.


Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.