GET TO KNOW your therapist
Alex Smith, LPC
“We can’t shame ourselves into change; only love ourselves into evolution”
Insurances I Accept:
Ages I work with:
- 12+, 18+ ideal
Languages I speak:
Who Am I?
Hey there! I’m Alexandria, but you can call me Alex. I use she/her pronouns and I am a cisgender woman. I am from Saint Louis, Missouri. I am part German, Irish, and more! I love being outdoors, going on new adventures, and meeting new people. I crave learning new things. I value self-care and relaxation.
I love working with:
Some of my favorite approaches include:
Solution-Focused Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Strengths-Based, and Person-Centered Therapy.
HOW I HELP
I enjoy helping my clients accept themselves for who they are and where they are in life (remember this can change and evolve over time). I encourage my clients to look within and explore themselves. Building self-care, self-love, self-compassion, and self-empathy is key. I believe this is a wonderful step to take on one’s journey of working towards a goal. I love helping my clients learn new and different coping, grounding, and relaxation skills that they can integrate as a part of daily living. I want to help you reach your goals and continue to build and maintain healthy patterns for life.
- I believe in hope. Hope is more than a wish or prayer, for me. Hope is instilled from within and can lead us to our goals.
- I believe in compassion and empathy. A little can go a very long way.
- I believe that change is possible, even when it feels difficult or uncomfortable. Sometimes those uncomfortable moments can make a huge difference.
- I believe that mental health is just as important to work on as physical health. Both are important and play a crucial role in our day-to-day functioning.
- I believe that not one approach to therapy works for everyone. We are all unique and different and have different needs, strengths, values, and more.
What it’s like in a session with me
Comfort and safety are my top priority in a session. If you are uncomfortable, feeling unsafe, or feeling uneasy, please let me know and let’s see how we can improve this for you. Sometimes there will be uncomfortable moments, maybe some tears, some silence even. All of this is safe, accepted, valued, and allowed. Know that when you are here, you are safe, you are valued, and you are welcomed. Sometimes we might talk about the weather, sports, an upcoming event, or an awesome TV show, and you might not even realize that we’re still doing therapy. We will work on this together, we are a team with this. I prioritize you and your needs.
More about me
Outside of work, you might see me walking the various neighborhoods playing Pokemon Go! I enjoy cooking, baking, trying new cafes, and exploring what is around me. I enjoy gardening when given the opportunity. I adore my Saint Louis, MO sports teams (Go Blues and Cardinals!). I enjoy dance, music, good sushi, and trying new cuisines from various cultures. I enjoy working out and going on walks. I love the beach and water, so you might see me there!
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule your first appointment. For follow up appointments (existing clients), please contact your therapist at 773-774-4444.