You’re looking to jumpstart the connection in your relationship. To rediscover your safe place with your partner.
When looking in from the outside, it seems like you have it all. A home. A family. A marriage. Friends. Good support. But you never expected the amount of pressure you’d feel trying to keep each of these balls in the air.
You and your partner always talked about the goals you’d reach together. You had aspirations and worked hard to achieve them as a unit. But the more you took on, the busier you became. You pushed forward as a family. And you imagined all the experiences you’d enjoy together.
Somewhere along the way you lost sight of what was so special about your relationship. You got so caught up in the daily grind that both you and your partner lost the ability to make time for each other. It wasn’t intentional, and you certainly don’t want your partner to feel left out and forgotten about. It just feels like this phase in your life is forcing you to keep moving forward and you’re finding it hard to keep your relationship exciting.
So here you are, still in love with your spouse, but overwhelmed and in need of a reconnection.
The weight of the expectations on your life hangs over your relationship like a cloud. You and your partner’s best hardly seems to cut it, and everyone in your family is feeling stretched thin. It feels like your relationship is somewhat boring and humdrum.
That’s not to say you thought building a life with someone would be stress-free. Meeting the needs of your family, your community, your partnership, and yourself is demanding. But you had no idea you’d end up feeling like roommates with the person you love. You never predicted you’d be living in a shell of the relationship you strived to build. And you certainly didn’t expect to wonder if your marriage was going to last long term.
When You Come to Urban Wellness for Our Couples Therapy Intensive
- You will set aside a specific period of time to dedicate your energy to getting your marriage back on track.
- You will jumpstart your relationships recovery and the elements of your relationship you need to improve to get back on track.
- You will leave our office with a better understanding of your lifestyle and how it is impacting your relationship.
- You will learn skills to enhance your relationship so you feel prepared to strengthen your partnership on your own.
- You will receive tangible relationship-building assets such as worksheets, handouts, and booklets so you can continue to grow as a couple after the intensive is complete.
- You will complete the intensive with a better understanding of one another and how you might continue that work in regular couples’ therapy sessions.
Which Couples Benefit Most from Intensive Therapy?
This program is for you if you love one another and both want a relationship that works for you, AND you are willing to take a day to focus on your relationship. Couples who prioritize their relationship and are willing to continue the work after they leave the intensive typically find the intensive a great way to ignite growth in their relationship.
You and your partner will benefit from Couples Intensive Therapy sessions if:
- Your boss, your kids, or your extended family receive more attention than your relationship
- You’re at a loss for how you and your spouse got so detached and want desperately to reconnect
- You want help to fix the problems in your marriage and need a service that fits into your busy schedules
- You and your partner are invested in improving your relationship and you want a springboard to start you in the right direction
- You want to continue the work you learn in an intensive on your own at home
There are certain situations where you or your loved one might not be ready for Couples Intensive Therapy sessions with Urban Wellness. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- Current instances of domestic violence
- Ongoing infidelity
- An inability to dedicate half a day to focus intensely on the relationship
If you or your loved one is currently experiencing any of these issues, please see our other specialized services.
Using Gottman Method Couples Therapy as the guide, we structure our session into four parts.
More About Urban Wellness
Urban Wellness Helps the Members of Our Community Thrive
Our practice is designed to meet the needs of everyone in our community by offering a variety of counselors with diverse backgrounds and specialties. Our counselors vary in their expertise, working with clients across the lifespan with a wide range of issues and it is our job to find the professional that is the right fit for you and your loved ones. We are constantly growing our specialties through education and supervision so that we can continue to help our clients and provide therapy for the whole family.
When it comes to serving the couples in our community, Urban Wellness is passionate about helping people love and understand themselves so that they can thrive in partnership. Urban Wellness is the practice for couples to focus on the things in life that truly matter. Where they can fall more deeply in love with themselves and each other. You can read more about our practice values here.
What Will You Pay for the Couples Therapy Intensive?
The couples’ intensive is not covered by insurance at this time.
The total cost, due at the time of the intensive, is $600. This cost includes 4 hours of direct therapy as well as the time it requires for the therapist to prepare: interpreting your assessment, assembling materials and compiling skill-building exercises.
Your Next Steps
It is entirely possible to fulfill all of your obligations while still being connected to your partner. You no longer have to feel at the mercy of the choice between getting everything done and dedicating time and attention to your relationship. You and your partner will feel secure knowing you have the tools to continue to work on your relationship going forward.
Right now, a sense of ease and connection in your marriage feels far off, but that does not mean you and your spouse can’t be busy people while still retaining a healthy relationship.
Ultimately, dedicating a bit of time to your relationship and taking home the tools you need to keep building your new skills will help your relationship thrive into the future. Urban Wellness can help.